FINALLY AN ANSWER TO ALL YOUR HANDBRAKE (or lack thereof) PROBLEMS!
Introducing the BBG transfer case handbrake kit - a no fuss, premium quality, completely bolt-on solution!
Precision CNC machined from high strength aircraft grade 7075 T6 Aluminium with a Mil-spec Hard Anodised finish for ultimate durability and a sleek appearance.
Unlike anything else on the market, this kit:
- Is precision CNC made (not some bulky bits of mild steel MIG welded together)
- Is located in a nice concealed spot, minimising potential damage
- Minimalist componentry
- Will never rust (except for steel disc rotor obviously)
- Does NOT require output shaft flange removal
- Can be completely bolted on in under 30 minutes
- Is completely adjustable
- Multi PCD hub to suit most Hilux output shaft PCD's
- Includes extremely in-depth installation instructions and even videos
- Caliper and pads designed specifically for static holding ability
LN106 mainly, but basically any N50/N60 Hilux with a gear driven transfer case.
If you have a gear drive case fitted or retrofitted to a different vehicle, shoot me a message first and i'll figure out if the cable setup will suit or determine what will.
THIS IS A 'PRE-ORDER' THERE WILL BE A FEW WEEKS BEFORE I HAVE EVERYTHING MACHINED AND BOXED UP TO SEND OUT. FROM THEN ONWARDS I WILL BE KEEPING KITS IN STOCK - SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.
Benefits of a disc brake transfer case handbrake:
- It actually works (and it works exceedingly well) - unlike the factory drum brake at each wheel.
- By clamping the tail shaft at the transfer case you are effectively quadrupling the clamping force of the brake due to the differential ratio
- Being a disc setup; mud and water will not get trapped inside and limit/ruin the internal components of the assembly like a drum brake
- This kit frees you up to removing your drum brakes on the rear and using our other rear wheel disc brake conversion kit - CLICK HERE
- Simplifies the vehicles handbrake system - which is especially handy for those who have swapped rear axles from other vehicles
- The disc hub is a multi drilled which fits most common Toyota tail shaft PCDs - so you can take this with you if you change transfer cases or even get a different car.
- The disc hub also works as a 12mm tail shaft spacer which helps with those vehicles with a substantial lift - somewhat increasing tail shaft length at full droop
What you get:
- 1x BILLET BRAKE DISC HUB & BRAKE DISC ASSEMBLY
- 1x BILLET CALIPER MOUNTING BRACKET
- 2x BILLET BRACKET SPACER BOSSES
- 2x BILLET CALIPER SPACER BOSSES
- MECHANICAL BRAKE CALIPER WITH CUSTOM BILLET BRAKE PAD SPACER
- PRE-TERMINATED BRAKE CABLE
- HIGH TENSILE BRACKET & CALIPER MOUNTING BOLTS (BRACKET BOLTS ARE MODEL SPECIFIC)
- HIGH TENSILE TAILSHAFT MOUNTING BOLTS & CONELOCK NUTS
- BILLET HANDBRAKE CABLE ATTACHMENT BRACKET/BOSS (MODEL SPECIFIC)
THESE KITS COMPLY TO ALL THE RELEVANT ADRs FOR A VEHICLE SECONDARY/PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM. This means that if you are wanting to have your vehicle engineered with one of our handbrake kits, it will just need to be inspected and the holding ability on a certain % grade - tested by your inspector/engineer.
So as long as it's installed correctly and adjusted & working properly there is no issue engineering this product.
THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW FOR YOUR ORDER
1: OUTPUT SHAFT/TAILSHAFT BOLT DIAMETER
From what we've seen, the gear driven case may of had different tail shaft mounting bolt diameters. You will have to check yours and select either M8 or M10 in the drop down box when checking out.
2: COMBO DEAL?
We are happy to offer a discounted combo price if you want to purchase a set of our billet rear disc brake conversion brackets as well as our handbrake kit. These retail for $250 and can be seen here
INSTALLATION VIDEO (Same principle for Gear Drive Case)
INSTRUCTION MANUAL: You will be emailed a link to download a copy of the instructions after purchase.
We are solely the supplier of goods. These are intended for 'off-road' use. We take no responsibility for any faults to do with installation of the product or any on-road legalities. Please take your car to a licensed mechanic if you do not know what you're doing or are not comfortable with undertaking this job.
We do not cover any damage done to this kit from underbody impacts from objects off-road. If you are using your vehicle for serious off-roading, it is well advised to have correct underbody armour installed or made to suit - to shield all key underbody components
THIS IS NOT A DRIFT HANDBRAKE, IT IS A STATIONARY PARK BRAKE - PLEASE DO NOT ACTUATE THE HANDBRAKE UNTIL YOU HAVE COME TO A STOP OR CLOSE TO IT. The forces exerted through this brake can quite easily snap a tailshaft or other driveline components
© BOOSTED & BUILT GARAGE - 2020